The University of Hong Kong (HKU) launched the Presidential Post-doctoral Fellowship (HKU-PPF) in 2019 with the objective of hosting the world’s finest post-doctoral talents to undertake frontier research at HKU.
Applicants must have demonstrated outstanding intellectual quality and have original and innovative ideas to tackle complex and emerging problems, the courage to open new research frontiers, and the ambition to be a global leader in academia, research or related pursuits.
Typical candidates will be fresh PhD graduates of leading global universities with highest distinction and awards, although outstanding post-doctoral candidates within two years of graduation from a PhD programme may also be considered.
Applications are invited year-round but should be submitted at least six months before the proposed appointment start date.
Nature of support
- Up to three-year appointment term;
- Annual salary of at least HK$621,600* (~US$80,000) (including an accommodation subsidy, subject to terms and conditions), and the following employment/annual benefits:
- Research grant of HK$50,000 (~US$6,400);
- Conference support of HK$16,500 (~US$2,100); and
- Annual leave, medical benefits and access to a range of campus facilities.
- Each successful fellow will join a research team of his/her choice, subject to approval. It is possible to change supervisors/advisors (once) to gain different experiences within the first six months of appointment.
Architecture, Arts, Business and Economics , Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Science, Biological Sciences and Social Sciences